Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Pear Advertisement

Before

After
I used several brushes and filters while altering this photo, two of which were the dry brush & craquelure filters besides lots of layers. the background I used was created from Carolyn's monthly designer paper technique, bleeding tissue papers. (On "TheLatestTrendsinMixedMediaArts" yahoo group.)I played around with lightening the colors, then adding color using some water color brushes, tweaking the whole in color adjustments. I'm satisfied with how this turned out, but, maybe, I could tear the edges a little and distress it to look more like a vintage ad? Yes? No?
Well I just had to try my suggestion and work on this a little more. Here's the finished advertisement.

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

Fantastic! Really like how this turned out. I tried to make a kaliedoscope out of the pears photo and uploaded it in Trends. I prefer how you used this photo.

Sharon House said...

Oh Cindy, I like this one! Nice job.

Sharon
http://www.mystoryart.com